Subject: Re: HD questions
To: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.hahnemann.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 01:03:46
> On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:
> > I just hooked up a Quantum 800+M
> > drive (er.. forgot the code name) to my IIsi, but I haven't got to install
> > NetBSD on it.  I'm not worried at all, though.

The Trailblazer 840 I hooked up to the IIsi works fine (though the
kernel I installed which has been working fine on SE/30 panicks
jumping to 0 when kernel security level changes).  Definitely a
SCSI2 device (though may not be a Fast SCSI2 device).

>    Sorry I'm replying to an older note, but I have been piddling around
>    with some spare drives here to no avail.  Mostly on IIsi's, the drives
>    in question include:
>
>       an 85Mb Conner (which was already config'd & working in a SE/30)
>       a 250Mb Quantum (SCSI2, original drive removed from a PowerMac)
>       a 720Mb IBM (SCSI2 - who makes IBM's drives??)

I don't understand your situation.  Do those drives not work on
anything, or just on IIsi?  Do they not work on any IIsi ("IIsi's"
implies you have more than one, right?) of yours, or just one of them?
And how are they hooked up to the box(es)?

Actually, I don't quite understand what your problem is, except those
drives listed above don't work under *certain* circumstance.  What
"certain" circumstance, I don't get it from your post...

ken