Subject: Re: MacBSD for 68040 machines
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 15:49:13
>From wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu

> We don't fully support 040 machines yet. The 040 part is OK, we
> just don't support the SCSI, Ethernet, or adb systems on these...

Um... Are you sure? I've got a DayStar 040 for my IIsi, and from the
looks of the hang, it dies setting up the MMU mapping. I've been
trying to get some compilable kernel sources (I'm firewalled, no sup)
so I can delve into the source myself, but I'm guessing that the
weird IIsi physical memory mapping is killing it.

This is with caches off, of course, on an otherwise running system
(without the DayStar - I'd really LOVE to get it going).

Ideas?
--
Paul Ripke
BHP Information Technology