Subject: Re: Tk kills X server
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1996 22:56:21
> I was installing Tk 4.0 on my Mac IIcx + Netbsd-1.1 + Generic-5 kernel
> + X.11Mar95 distribution + Xmacbsd-960127. The whole package compiled
> with only minor warnings. When I tried to run the tests, X server died
> on segmentation violation. I checked with gdb, the error occured in
> miPolyFillRect (I am not sure about spelling) function, called from

*Ouch*  I think Tk 4.0 tests ran mostly, if not entirely, fine on my
system.

Only difference aside from the kernel and NetBSD binaries is that I
have recompiled entire X tree and reinstalled everything.  I didn't
change the source except the X server, so I made only the server
available to the general public.  Maybe it's about time to package
everything...

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem, and if not, I'll make the
source diffs available first, then the new binary package next (easy
thing first ;-).

BTW, the source diffs will be only for those who know what they are
doing, and no question will be answered.  Sorry, but I have to keep
incoming mails manageable.

ken