Subject: Re: disklabels
To: Henry B. Hotz <henry.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1996 22:48:11
> Part of my point (which perhaps I did not make clear) is that some of us
> are neurotic (or have lousy partitioning SW, or whatever) and may want to
> control the resulting BSD partition map in a way that may not be allowed by
> the MacOS partitioning software.

I must add to this that my favorite partitioning software for the mac
was the 'dp' utility in A/UX.  It saved my data on several occasions
when I scrambled just the partition table...  I don't have the time to
write such a utility, but I'd like to see one if we've got anyone around
who knows enough about the partition tables to work on it.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>