Subject: Tk kills X server
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1996 15:42:14
I was installing Tk 4.0 on my Mac IIcx + Netbsd-1.1 + Generic-5 kernel
+ X.11Mar95 distribution + Xmacbsd-960127. The whole package compiled
with only minor warnings. When I tried to run the tests, X server died
on segmentation violation. I checked with gdb, the error occured in
miPolyFillRect (I am not sure about spelling) function, called from
PolyFillRect. I can not tell more until I get the sources, recompile
Xserver, ... The README file for tests says that the tests may not be
compatible with every server and so on, but I would not expect it to
die. I am not sure now how usable is the whole tk package.

	Taras Ivanenko. <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>