Subject: asante ethernet problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1996 12:57:11
my ethernet card is an Asante MacCon+IIET (is that a model #??)
and my machine is a IIcx with 8mbRAM and a 200mb partition with
16mb swap.
on booting, the machine recognizes the card  and tries to initialize
it as ae0 and gives the following errors:

ae0: length does not match next packet pointer
ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 20 next 00 stop 80
ae0: NIC memory corrupt		invalid packet length 65280
No usable network

in addition, there are a couple more uncertainties. is there a "best"
ethernet kernel? I'm using Generic #52 from eskimo. and there might
be something stupid I'm missing about configuring the network under
BSD as I'm used to SunOS and Linux.

	-Ethan