Subject: Keyboard mapping.
To: NetBSD - Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Angel Orille Franz <angel@fox.fzg.mw.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1996 20:58:26
Hi,

I got the March 16.th kernel sources from ftp.netbsd.org
and have successfully compiled a new kernel.
(though there is a typo in ../sys/param.h (line 56): #eandif
and a incompatible variable type in sys/sys/systm.h for "Debugger"
(int or void?)).

Now I would like to change the keyboard mapping to my
Spanish keyboard layout and was looking at the keyboard.h
and 6x10.h file. I saw that MacBSD supports 128 different
chars.
To increase the amount of chars is it, basically seen, enough to
increase the size of the array and define the new chars?

Does someone know, wich are all the related files that need to be
modified to get the complete char set working?

I was also wondering how the X-server does its keyremapping
with xmodmap - couldn't something like that be suitable
for the kernel running in text-mode?

I'd like to spend some time on it and apreciate
any comments, suggestions and explanations.

Regards,

Angel Orille Franz

Sent: Mon, Mar 25
Time: 20:55 MEZ