Subject: Re: "Whee! We are the console!"
To: Chris Ghormley <cghormle@reed.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1996 09:01:28
On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Chris Ghormley wrote:

> Strangely though, I have found that nothing in the /usr/sbin directory is
> recognized as a valid command.  /bin works, /usr/bin works, just no
> sbin.  By 'work', I mean that it runs as expected or gives an appropriate
> error message, not just "Don't know what you mean by that, boss [sic]."  I'm
> using the generic#5 kernel on a classic II: no fpu, 4 M RAM, 15 M swap.
> Base11 and etc11 are installed, but nothing else.

	Have you got /usr/sbin in your path?
	How about if you give a full path (ie '/usr/sbin/pstat -s')
	If full paths work then you've probably changed the default
	PATH variable in your .login/.cshrc or similar - if so change
	it back :)  -- if not, hmm, mail again!

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
 >=- OpenBSD http://www.openbsd.org. Free un*x for {sparc,i386,m68k,...} -=<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>