Subject: Re: Weird scsi errors...
To: Chris Jacobson <fear@athenet.net>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1996 02:06:43
>[snip]
>OUCH!
>
>I once had this problem, with my old internal 80 meg (and I've never used
>NetBSD).
>
>My problem turned out to be hard disk damage.  You may have to reformat it,
>or worse, buy a new one (worst case scenarios, this is what I had to do).
>The disk would 'crash' with the disk keep going (light stayed on), and
>dropping to MacsBug, it was in a no-exit loop to infinity.

Weird, I had been using the disk for Mac0S for quite a while and I haven't
had a problem with it.  The paritions are brand new (as of a week ago).
When I use the disk with MacOS, I have never had this problem occur.  I
think that this one is gonna be on the NetBSD side.  By the way, I'm using
GENERIC-5 (I think I forgot to mention that in my previous message).

Jon
wookie@us.net