Subject: hard crash already?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1996 00:04:26
has anyone else had tcsh wreck the filesystem?
I just installed it and vipw'd to make it my default
shell (not for root) and logged back in. things started
behaving strangely so thinking I messed up the passwd file
I logged back in as root and then the after discovering that
my paths were all wrong it dumped me into the debugger. since
I'm not familiar with the debugger I hit "c" and let it dump to
disk. when I tried to reboot the filesystem was really wrecked.
I had to boot the kernel out of macOS and after several passes
of fsck I think I'm going to have to suck it up and reinstall
several directories. has anybody else had this problem while
installing something new? the only non base command I ran was
tcsh. And it was running so smoothly!

	-Ethan