Subject: Question about NFS
To: port NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1996 00:29:25
Hello,

I've just finished compiling the new March kernel sources from
ftp.netbsd.org with the NFS-options enabled.
Now I get the following messages when I mount a directory
from my Linux-Box onto the Mac and want to "cd" to it:

        mac:#~> mount darkstar:/home /mnt
        mac:#~> cd /mnt
        bash: /mnt: Stale NFS file handle

What does that mean?

To check the client side, I exported the /home directory of my
Mac to the Linux-Box with the following result:

        #~> mount mac:/home /mnt
        mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

I'd kindly apreciate, if someone could explain me what these
messages mean, since they don't say anything to me.

Thanks in advance,

Angel Orille Franz

Sent: Sun, Mar 24
Time: 00:27 MET