Subject: Re: removed [ file
To: Kirk Boston (bs ifsm) <kbosto1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Jon Howell <jonh@cs.dartmouth.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/23/1996 17:45:53
> Hey all while cleaning up my root directory I removed a file in root
> called "[" all was well until I restarted and then I got all kinds of
> good errors once the network processes started up.
>
> is there a way to get this file back or will I have to do a complete
> rebuild of the box...
It's the first part of the not-built-in bourne sh expression evaluator.
It's a command. It should be in the bin tarball, and you should be able
to extract it manually with tar. The reason the system went wacko was
that all the rc files use if expressions with ['s.

	--Jon

                            Jon Howell
                 jonh@cs.dartmouth.edu
     603-643-2460 (h) 603-646-3297 (w)