Subject: IIcx won't boot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 22:54:40
I've just set up a IIcx with 8mb RAM, 400mb HD, and Asante ethernet card,
and what I think is the standard "High Resolution Display Video Card."
I've got all the main stuff installed and I put in the eskimo GENERIC #52
kernel which was reported to work with a nearly identical setup.
I don't get any grey bars, but I do get the following errors:

get_mapping(): Too many NuBus ranges.
Non-system RAM (nubus, etc.):
	Log = 0xf9000000, Phys = 0x9000000, Len = 0x1000000 (1048576d)
	.
	.
	.
   no internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xf9900020.
Done.
Bootstrapping the pmap system.
Failure in BSD boot. nextpa=0x106000, high[0]=0x1000000.
panic: You're hosed!

Stopped at	_Debugger+0x6:	unlk	a6
db>  unexpected trap; vector offset 0x0 from 0x739c0000.

I thought that perhaps the video and ethernet cards were interfering
with each other, so I've pulled out the ether, swapped the card positions,
etc. no luck. I do have mode32 installed and am booting in 1bit video
mode. I seem to remember some talk about nubus slot 0 recently, but
I haven't saved any messages as I thought I'd be working on an SE/30
until 2 days ago. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

	-Ethan