Subject: Re: NFS versions and netbsd
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 14:09:22
Thus spake Allen Briggs:

> > I would like to ask what you people know about netbsd's handling of nfs.  I'm
> > running GERNIC #5, and I've had weird problems with every netbsd kernel I ever
> > used and nfs.... Generally it will hand give strange errors about program
> > version mumbers /mnt: Program version wrong...
>
> What binaries are you running?  GENERIC #5 is a recent kernel--which
> means that it's using NFSv3.  NetBSD 1.0/1.1 and most other systems use
> NFS version 2.
>
> I don't know what might happen with mis-matched kernel/binaries...
The binaries are fairly recent since I jsut did a complete reinstall... I
believe they were from wormey's Feb. 24 snapshot...

Is there support for nfs2 and nfsv3 in the kernel sinc most things use nfsv2?
Is this likely to be put ina generic or NFS kernel?  I don't have the disk
space to download the source treee and build one...

Thanks,

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki           "Sometimes I get so tired of this thing called life.
sparta@imsa.edu          I'm not scared of dying; I'm afraid of going through