Subject: Re: SE30 and Ethernet
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 10:21:53
>Hi All,
>
>I just installed an ethernet card (Asante MC32SI) into my PDS
>slot and get the following message when I boot netbsd 1.1:
>
>aeo at nubus 0: address 00:00:94:31:89:81 type MacNIC II/E 32k
>mem
>
>ae0: length does not match the next packet pointer
>ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 5c next 00 stop80
>ae0: NIC memory corrupt -invalid packet length 65280
>
>Does anyone have any idea what this all means? I have never used
>UNIX on the admin side before, only on the user side, so it is a
>challenge for me to make heads or tales of this stuff.

I get a similar message from ae0 on my MacII with an Asant=E9 card, but the
interface works fine.... Config your hostname.ae0 file, and check to see if
it works.... I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Does anyone know what causes this error?  I have installed a second Asant=E9
card, which mounts properly as ae1, and gives no error....  Getting
Netstats shows one error on the first interface, and none on the other, but
both work properly.

It's not a big problem, but it would be nice to see NO error messages on
the boot.

-S

__
Tank (SPM)                 Sean P. McNamara
                           The Planet Group, Inc.
Tank@PG.NET                Design, Communications, and Technology
                           Voice: (312) 772-8333
                           Fax:   (312) 772-9214