Subject: Re: SE30 and Ethernet
To: None <mhl@nano.mit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 07:40:08
> ae0 at nubus 0: address 00:00:94:31:89:81 type MacNIC II/E 32k mem

That's good.  It means that the card is recognized and is ready to be
used.

> ae0: length does not match the next packet pointer
> ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 5c next 00 stop80
> ae0: NIC memory corrupt -invalid packet length 65280

This is a diagnostic message.  It shouldn't harm anything and you should
only see it once at boot-time and once again when syslogd starts (it's
the same message, but syslogd picks it up from the boot and spits it
back out).  Anyway, you can safely ignore this.  I think it happens when
there's network traffic while you're booting.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>