Subject: Re: SE30 and Ethernet
To: None <mhl@nano.mit.edu>
From: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 20:39:57
At  3:35 AM 96.3.22 -0500, Michael H. Lim wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I just installed an ethernet card (Asante MC32SI) into my PDS
>slot and get the following message when I boot netbsd 1.1:
>
>aeo at nubus 0: address 00:00:94:31:89:81 type MacNIC II/E 32k
>mem
>
>ae0: length does not match the next packet pointer
>ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 5c next 00 stop80
>ae0: NIC memory corrupt -invalid packet length 65280
>
>Does anyone have any idea what this all means? I have never used
>UNIX on the admin side before, only on the user side, so it is a
>challenge for me to make heads or tales of this stuff.

I once experienced this message. At that time, I returned to MacOS and
zapped PRAM with TechTool, then set the Memory control panel and so on
again.
Next time I started MacBSD, I didn't see the message.

Hope it helps,

Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Department of Medicine I // Medical Information Center
Shiga University of Medical Science