Subject: SE30 and Ethernet
To: None <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
From: Michael H. Lim <mhl@nano.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1996 03:35:32
Hi All,

I just installed an ethernet card (Asante MC32SI) into my PDS
slot and get the following message when I boot netbsd 1.1:

aeo at nubus 0: address 00:00:94:31:89:81 type MacNIC II/E 32k
mem

ae0: length does not match the next packet pointer
ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 5c next 00 stop80
ae0: NIC memory corrupt -invalid packet length 65280

Does anyone have any idea what this all means? I have never used
UNIX on the admin side before, only on the user side, so it is a
challenge for me to make heads or tales of this stuff.

thanks,

Mike Lim
mhl@nano.mit.edu