Subject: Is there Internal Video support for...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoffrey Alexander <geoffrey@worf.netins.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1996 22:16:22
...LC/LCII/LCIII ?

I'm beginning to realize from the postings to this list that these three machines are
alike
in name only...

I did test-boot the GENERIC.55 kernel tonight, and got farther in the process than I have
with previous kernels, including ADBTEST.110 -- though still not completely to where I
should if the kernel were to be runnable on my machine

At any rate, it won't be until there is support for internal video on my LCII that
I will be able to make any earnest effort at trying NetBSD out, since I don't have more
than one machine available to me. I'm not sure either exactly at what point the boot-up
process that DOES appear in my screen would continue on the serial terminal.

Is anyone currently working on internal video support? If so, what is an
estimate of current status? Aside from sending along my machine, what can I do to help (if
I >could< part with it, I would -- this project is very important to me, and once I DO get
a running version up on my machine, I'll be able to help (what little I can) with
debugging and/documentation development (yes, there does seem to be a dearth of beginner's
documentation :)...

Thanks kindly,