Subject: Re: LCII console
To: Geoffrey Alexander <geoffrey@worf.netins.net>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.hahnemann.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1996 16:39:58
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Geoffrey Alexander wrote:

> I have run the booter on the ADBTEST.110 kernel from MacOS (as a test before
> installing, as suggested in the FAQ) --

   I also tried this recently and found the GENERIC-5 kernel to get
   further in the booting process than ADBTEST.110 (no idea why).  One of
   my co-workers has an LC (no II) at home with an 030/FPU accelerator
   board in it ... we've been trying to cobble together something for him.

   In both booter tests, I did *not* tell it serial console ... so it's
   possible that either one might have gone further than they did in my
   earlier attempt at testing ...

   andrew.  (brennan@hal.hahnemann.edu)