Subject: Re: send mail problem
To: Kirk Boston <kbosto1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1996 08:48:39
> I turned it on with the default in netstart -bd -q30m and I get and error
> on startup that says -q30m: not found.  this happens right after
> "starting network"

Hmmm.  I have the following in my /etc/netstart and it works fine...

sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"	# for 'normal' use: sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"

> also when "starting network daemons: routed printer sendmailroot...
> Recipient names must be specified" I then put my name in there and hit
> control c and the boot finishes fine.

I think that's a side effect of the flags being wrong.  Sendmail can be
used interactively to send mail and I think that's the state that you've
got it in somehow.

> and also if you can tell me where I can get a compiled version of pine
> for macbsd it would be appreciated.

I don't know, off-hand.  Have you tried the packages directory on
ftp.netbsd.org--keep in mind that we can run sun3, mvme68k, atari and
amiga binaries, too.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **