Subject: LCII console
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoffrey Alexander <geoffrey@worf.netins.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1996 19:59:39
Hello all. This is just to get clear on info I've gleaned from recent posts. I understand
that using and LCII (10megs RAM) with and ADB keyboard and mouse, macBSD (even using the
ADBTEST.110 kernel) will not boot -- that I still must use a serial terminal.

If this is in error, please let me know -- and, please inform me (or direct me to
information) on acquiring and connecting a serial terminal.

I have run the booter on the ADBTEST.110 kernel from MacOS (as a test before installing,
as suggested in the FAQ) --

and indeed the machine freezes during boot shortly after the pmap bootstrapping. Is this a
symptom of this configuration error?