Subject: Re: forwarded message/LC & NetBSD
To: None <main.ralligood@state.ut.us>
From: Markus Hitter <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1996 00:26:13
Ken Nakata wrote:

> I am trying to get NetBSD 1.0 to boot on my Mac LC
> with an 030 processor and a 68882 coprocessor in the
> PDS slot.  I partitioned an eighty meg apple drive with a
> A/UX Root & User partition of about 70 meg and a
> A/UX Swap partition of 10 meg.  I used Mkfs to put a file
> system on the Root partition and used the BSD installer to
> install netbsd10, base10, and etc10 and seleceted "Build
> Devices" from the menu.  It seemed to run as described.

I'm afraid you won't have luck with this machine. NetBSD does not yet
support the ADB (keyboard/mouse) on the LC/LCII. One of the best, but
probably not full working kernel is the ADBTEST#110.
See http://www.microserve.com/~jpw/adb.html

I rebuilt this kernel myself and accidentally this one works somewhat
better on an LCII (68030, no FPU), but this is a non-reproducable
result.
See ftp://ftp.trier.fh-rpl.de/pub/incoming/netbsd.lc5

If you see the login promt whith one of these kernels, you should be
able to login via the serial ports and a terminal (or another machine).

Good Luck

 Markus Hitter                 email: hitterm@trier.fh-rpl.de
                               WWW: http://www.trier.fh-rpl.de/~hitterm
 Trier (Germany)               Voice: ++49/0651/828172