Subject: Booting Classic II
To: Mac68k Port <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Ghormley <cghormle@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/1996 20:54:48
I figured out how to make the external console work, which is an important
step forward, if a small one.  Now when I use Booter 1.8 to boot,
I get:

Apple Macintosh Classic II  (68030)
real mem = 4161536
avail mem = 1527808
using 76 buffers containing 311296 bytes of memory

and it looks to me like everything's fine until:

mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!
adb: no ROM ADB driver in this kernel for this machine
mainbus0 (root)
ite0 at mainbus0 (minimal console)
adb0 at mainbus0 (ADB event device)
ser0 at mainbus0
[halt]

I thought that the dt would take care of adb problems.  I still have 4 M
of RAM, but I increased my swap size to ~20 M (I'm not sure if it makes a
difference during booting, though.) I have the for_mays and generic-5
kernels (the output listed was the same for both, except for slightly
different numbers for memory available).  If you want more information on
my system conditions, let me know.

I'm greatful for everyone's help, but I think I could use a little more.
Please send me any suggestions or questions you might have.

Chris
 C.S. Ghormley	 	       	  email neutron@directory.reed.edu
 #13 Reed College		  tel.    +1 503.771.1306
 Portland, Oregon  97202-8199