Subject: forwarded message
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/1996 12:43:18
--- Forwarded mail from Richard Alligood <main.ralligood@state.ut.us>

>From main.ralligood@state.ut.us  Mon Mar 18 12:21:59 1996
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:45:07 -0700
From: Richard Alligood <main.ralligood@state.ut.us>
To: kenn@eden.rutgers.edu
Subject:  request for help

Hello.

I am trying to get NetBSD 1.0 to boot on my Mac LC
with an 030 processor and a 68882 coprocessor in the
PDS slot.  I partitioned an eighty meg apple drive with a
A/UX Root & User partition of about 70 meg and a
A/UX Swap partition of 10 meg.  I used Mkfs to put a file
system on the Root partition and used the BSD installer to
install netbsd10, base10, and etc10 and seleceted "Build
Devices" from the menu.  It seemed to run as described.

When I ran booter 1.4 or booter 1.8, I selected the SCSI
device and single user and extra debugging info and show
dialog before booting.  I get a list of a ton of variables, it
ejects the disk in the floppy drive and displays 21 bars on
the screen.  It then freezes.

I'm running system 7.5 with no extensions on.  I tried using
version 1.1, but the computer would freeze as soon as I
asked it to boot.

Any advice?  Any would be very appreciated!

Rich

--- End of forwarded message from Richard Alligood <main.ralligood@state.ut.us>