Subject: NetBSD on a LC/Performa 575?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: PHILLIP PODLEVSKY <phillip@aztec.asu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1996 11:24:53
Hello.

I've been try to get NetBSD up on a Performa 575 (LC 575) to no avail. The
user survey on "puma" says NetBSD might work on a LC 575 with NetBSD compiled
with FPU emulation. I have tried booting the computer with extensions off and
the 040 cache off and made sure that 32bit addressing was enabled but every
time the booter comes up and says "boot now?" and I click "boot" it dies
(crashes, the mouse cursor sticks but I can reboot it with crtl+command+power).
I have tried every kernel I could get a hold of including the generic 2, 5, 11,
and 11-patched ones and the adbtest-110 one and some other test kernels and a
netbsd11-patched one. I've tried these kernels with both booter 1.8 and booter
1.9 prelease. Each one fails the same miserable way. Has anyone successfully
had a LC/Performa 575 or similiar working with NetBSD? Is there any kernel out
there that might boot successfully on this machine? Any advice will be of help.

My configuration is: 68040 @ 33 mhz, 250mb hd (around 100mb to netbsd), 5mb ram.

Thanks ahead of time for any help,

Phillip