Subject: RAM on SE/30 doesn't get detected.
To: NetBSD - Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Angel Orille Franz <angel@fox.fzg.mw.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1996 19:15:17
Hello,

I've finally upgraded the memory size of my SE/30 from
8 MB to 20 MB. The MacOS reports 20 MB of physical RAM
and is quite happy with them; just NetBSD (Generic#5)
reports during the boot process 8MB.

Here is the output of dmesg:
	Apple Macintosh SE/30  (68030)
	real mem = 8388608
	avail mem = 5410816
	using 128 buffers containing 524288 bytes of memory

Here is the output of "systat -v":
Mem:KB  REAL        VIRTUAL                 PAGING   SWAPPING      Interrupts
      Tot Share    Tot  Share  Free         in  out   in  out       165 total
Act   568    88   3492   1520   264 count                            69 via1
All  6708  2704 180760  61516       pages                               via2

I've cleared the PRAM (by extracting the battery) changed the
bank order and tried it out with elder kernels, without success.
I've also checked, that there are 4 identical SIMMS in both banks.

Does anyone know what is going on, or what I've to do to be
able to use the whole 20MB with NetBSD?

Many thanks in advance.

Angel Orille Franz

Sent: Sat, Mar 16