Subject: The User Survey on Puma
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1996 20:24:09
Hi,

First may I say thank you to all who have put the effort into getting
NetBSD on a Mac; especially Allen Briggs.

I just wanted to say that the user survey is an extremely useful source of
information and often is a better way to get information about what is
being done on different machines than the "current status" list on Puma.
So first an apeal to get everyone to put their machines on there.  A quick
reminder of the URL:

<http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/~spearce/>

However, one problem is that it seems a little difficult to update one's
information.  In particular, I upgraded (or is that merely changed ;-) the
for.mays kernel to the GENERIC-4 and then the GENERIC-5 kernel, but when I
tried to update the information on the user survey, all that happened is
that the chart now reports 2 Classic IIs with NetBSD whereas the search
only reports me with the old information.  Did I upset it by dialling in
from my work address rather than my home address?

I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not the most important issue,
but I just thought I'd mention it.

Yours,

Andrew

Andrew Foakes             | I share my birthday with Mrs Thatcher.
andrew@foakes,demon.co.uk | But I'll share my opinion with anybody.