Subject: sup question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1996 20:43:52
I know this is NetBSD generic, but I'm not after one million answers... so
I'm ionflicting my stupid questions on this slightly smaller group ;)

Without grovelling through the source, does the sup server initiate a
connection back to the client? The reason I ask is that both my ISPs are
firewalled, and although I have telnet proxy access out (to any port
number), there is no hope of initiating a connection the other way. The
readme mentioned checking the sup server is in /etc/services which made me
wonder. I haven't had the chance to check it out directly (modem
problems), so does anyone know or use sup through a firewall?

This is the only thing stopping me from really compiling my own kernels -
I still want to get my DayStar 040 running on my IIsi. The non-contiguous
memory map seems to break all the kernels I've tried, so it looks as though
there may still be 040 MMU problems. Comments anyone?

cheers,
--
   /\/\     Paul Ripke
  / / /\    BHP Information Technology