Subject: 2 questions Ether&VRAM
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Runs With the Night Hawks... <hawks@mcs.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1996 18:52:00
Hi all, I got 2 questions.  I'll start with Machine Specs:

Mac Performa 600
12M Ram
512K VRAM
Root on sd4, Seagate 1G drive (31200N?)
Internal Video
Excelan EtherPort IIn Enet card

First question is on VRAM:  The IIVX/Performa 600 kernel is hard coded to
set the VRAM size to 1M.  Well I dont have 1M.  What do I need to change inthe
kernel sources to force it to 512K?  I think this might clear up a few problems
I've been having with X crashing the box when I exit.  Is it just the maxm
parameter?

Second.  The Ethernet card reports the following at boot:

We think we are a Dayna card, but it is dangerous to continue.
nubus0: slot e: EtherPort IIN (Vendor: Kinetics, A Division of Excelan, Inc.,
	part: ???) not configured

Whats the deal with this card? It has the 8920 (I think, I checked when I had
the box open) chip on it, not the sonic, but doesn't want to work.  Anyone
got anyideas on this card and what might make it work?

I can compile my own kernels (do all the time) so diffs are fine.

Thanx all.

Alan Palmer
hawks@mcs.com
alan_palmer@il.us.swissbank.com