Subject: SE30 & dt-1.1.3
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael H. Lim <mhl@nano.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1996 21:05:13
Coding is not really my thing, but I managed to get dt-1.1.3
working on my SE/30. The hint from Andrew Brennan did the trick.

In the file grf.c, there is a routine grf_init. Within this
routine there is a line:

	if( (physscreen = mmap(0,stuff)) == (caddr_t) - 1) {

I changed it to

	physscreen = mmap(f,stuff);
	if(ioctl(f,GRFIOCMAP,$physscreen)==-1) {

This seems to work. I still have the problem that when I have 4
terminals open and launch emacs in the 4th terminal, emacs
becomes very short (25 lines instead of the usual 40 or so).

Anyone know which ethernet card work with the SE/30? All I hear
about are Nubus cards. The only thing non-SCSI for the SE/30
would be something that hooks into the PDS slot.

Regards,

Mike Lim