Subject: Re: Via's
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1996 18:35:48
On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, Julian Bean wrote:

> At 9:29 am 13/3/96, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >> Hmm... who manufactured the chip?  Is it worth checking for a website?
> >
> >Signetics made it origonally (the makers of the 6502), but Rockwell also
> >was a supplier.
> >
> >Finding a web site would be cool. Maybe we should ask the list?
> >
> >Take care,
> >
> >Bill
>
> Good idea Bill.
>
> Hi guys.... anyone know if rockwell or signetics have a web site with info
> on the VIA chips?
>
> Anyone who finds a site with RBV info gets a coconut ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jules

On altavista, I found several references to it as an abbreviation for
RAM-Based Video, four multiple mentions of it in terms of GESTALT calls...
but interfacing, nowhere.  What does the chip do, anyway?

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |