Subject: Re: A couple of questions re my problem...
To: None <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1996 20:47:46
>[snip]
>Didn't I hear that somebody had a Zip drive working successfully?  Or was it
>just that they got mkfs to work on the thing (finally)?  I believe something
>about a kernel with linked commands permanently turned off was a solution
>that seemed to work, but don't quote me on that.  I'm wondering if the
>same thing might solve the EZ135 problem.

I've gotten things working on my Zip disk.  Although I'm still a heck of a
time using some utilities because of the funky geometry on this disk, I can
do basic system things.  I'm actually seriously considering buying an
additional *real* hard disk because the removable media thing is just not
working as well as I'd like it to.  I've never tried the Syquest stuff, but
I suppose that you should be able to get things up and running to a certain
point.  If you need help with the mkfs part of it, please let me know and
I'll try my best...

Jon
wookie@us.net