Subject: Re: PRAM & the Time Manager & interrupts
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1996 19:06:02
>I agree w/ Ken that having the on-card firmware take care of interrupt-
>clearing is the best long-term solution. Since we aren't there yet, I
>was thinking we might learn from what the NuBus firmware is doing now.
>Our solution seems not to work but interrupt servicing does work for
>Apple, so let's let them educate us. :-)
>
>The "NuBus firmware" we're talking about is basically the slot manager
>stuff, which Apple has taken to including for non-NuBus Macs. They
>recommend it, and it makes the OS code easier to write (only one set of
>routines). For instance, my IIsi's internal video shows up as Slot 0
>in my Mac.

I quite agree.

I have just got a copy of the MC68030 User's manual, and I'm about to learn
all about interrupts and exceptions ;-S

Does anyone (appeal...) know of any documentation on VIA2 or (even better) RBV?

And no, /sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/via.[ch] is not a good enough answer ;-)

If we are to use the slot manager stuff, that means more MRG, doesn't it?
Urghh...

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |