Subject: Re: A couple of questions re my problem...
To: None <jules@mailbox.co.uk, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, trev@innova.net>
From: Russ Evans <russ@seismo.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1996 07:47:06
I was the one who reported difficulty in getting the 1.1 distribution and
GENERIC_52 kernels to operate with a Syquest.  Trevor's experience sounds
virtually identical with mine.  The problem had nothing to do with the
network, as Jules suggested; it was simply that the Syquest was causing
the SCSI bus to hang (little yellow light on, Trev?  Corrupt file system
on restart?).  At this stage, I'm looking to do a little clearing up of
Mac disks on various machines, and to getr a -current kernel and sources
inside a big partition here.  At that point, I might be able to do a
little debugging (and I'll be coming back for help).  As I have a few
ceilings to paint, this may not be until well into next weekend ...

Russ