Subject: Re: PRAM & the Time Manager & interrupts
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1996 17:21:09
> On the origonal question (how to clear video interrupts), try debugging
> what a live MacOS system does to clear interrupts. It's a bit gross

Isn't the on-board NuBus firmware supposed to take care of it?  In a
long-run, it might be better to utilize the on-board firmware, but it
means we are going to have to implement many more Mac ROM emulation
routines than we do now (my impression is that the on-board firmware
calls ROM routines rather casually).  And of course, this is probably
a prerequisit for color X server.

> to do w/ Macsbugs, but it's doable. Just get the address pointed to by
> the interrupt dispatch table for interrupt level 1, and start disassembling.
> Also, you can use the logging capability (and something like Save A Tree
> for 2-up printing) to get a hardcopy of the results.

Later,

ken