Subject: NetBSD support on Quadra platform...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian McColgan <mccolgan@algorithmics.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1996 15:31:48
This note directed specificaly at Mr. Briggs:

  Allen, shoot me in the head for posing a dumb question (in probably the wrong
place) but I am trying to find the best strategy for running a UNIX variant on
my lowly Quadra-605.  I visited the NetBSD/mac68K FAQ page to determine whether
the Quadra-605 is supported but was unable to find a direct reference to this
hardware.  In addition, I have been considering installing a DayStay Dig.,
PowerCard 601/100 Upgrade into the box along with a 32Mb SIMM (to bring it up to
36Mb).  Looking in section 3, there is only references to DayStar's m68k based
accelerator's.

  The long and short is this:
     1. Can I run NetBSD on this machine?
     2. Would I be advised (or ill-advised) to upgrade to the DayStar h/w?
     3. Does this environment directly support the GNU C/C++ compilers?

  Any help which you can provide is much appreciated.

Regards,
Brian.

*  Brian McColgan                                                    *
*  <mccolgan@algorithmics.com>                                       *
*  Algorithmics, Inc.                                                *
*  Toronto, Ontario, Canada                                          *
*  Voice (416) 703-0898 x235                                         *
*  Fax   (416) 703-0767                                              *