Subject: A couple of questions re my problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevor Zion Bauknight <trev@innova.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1996 13:01:06
I'm still getting a hang halfway through the multi-user boot sequence.  The
last thing echoed to the terminal is

starting system logger, time daemon(HANG)

How do I attack this problem?  I can't edit the rc files directly because
the fs is read-only.  Are cpin and cpout my solutions?  If so, what do I
need to edit, and what do I need to not edit?

Unfortunately my admin handbook assumes you're able to boot.  Thanks in advance.

-Trev

PS:  IIvx, 12MB Ram, fs made on SyQuest EZ135, base11 and etc11 release
binaries from puma's /snapshot directory, all kernels seem to hang at
exactly the same point, but the one currently installed is the new
GENERIC-5.  No other packages yet installed.