Subject: Re: xntpd writing to pram, not?
To: None <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1996 10:38:37
> From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 14:39:10 -0500 (EST)

> That's a mac68k-specific problem.  The mac clock is not keeping up with
> the flow of real time (in Apple's infinite wisdom, they put the clock
> tick on the lowest priority interrupt), so I've disabled the ability to
> set the time-of-day clock in the PRAM.  That message is just there to
> let you know that it's not writing to the PRAM.  I'd like to figure out
> a way to let it update the PRAM when it's set from some reliable source,
> but not on shutdown.  I've not looked into that, yet.

If you just comment out the call to resettodr() in boot()
that will avoid setting the H/W clock at shutdown.

I did that on the sun3 because I often sit in DDB with
interrupts disabled, which makes the clock miss ticks.
Setting the clock with date still works, because that
calls resettodr() more directly.

Gordon