Subject: RBV interrupt handling
To: None <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1996 21:47:30
[This message principly directed to Allen, but Cc:ed to port-mac68k as
some of you are watching my progress with the ethernet card stuff]

Well, I'm poring over this code, trying to make sense of it.

What appears to be happening is that as soon as interrupts get turned on, I
am being hit hard by an interrupt which keeps coming back as it is not
being handled by anything (and is not being correctly cleared either).

Something about the code bothers me, though.  Why is it that sometimes you
access a given RBV register like this:

via2_reg(rIEF) /* replace rIEF with rIRF in some cases */

and sometimes like this

via2_reg(vIEF+rIEF)

?
 (This is all in via.c, of course).

I am doing some fairly unstructured trial-and-error fiddling, but I'd be
interested to know the answer to that one.  I don't think we have a serious
problem here.  Either:

The information w.r.t which slot is generating the interrupt is not being
correctly received (I think this is likely - the current code seems to
think we are getting an interrupt on bit 6 (mask 64) - i.e. slot f, which
doesn't exist)

Or, we are hanging on video interrupts.  In principle, w.r.t. these, can we
just mark the interrupt as clear and not actually do anything with it?

Roughly what systems/cards is the RBV code 'known good'?

Regards,

Jules

P.S. oh for a SPARC to cross-compile on... but then I would need working
ethernet anyway ;-)

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |