Subject: Re: disklabel not updating?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@er5.rutgers.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1996 17:10:43
> > disklabel doesn't write under NetBSD/mac68k. We do all the partitioning
> > from MacOS.
> > Weird. I don't understand why disklabel -r should work for us.
>
> Actually, disklabel writes if it's told to.  But the problem is,
> kernel doesn't understand the native BSD disklabel...  (or at least it
> was the case last time I tried)

It seems that I handed out a piece of obsolete information (again)-:
here.  Not only is native disklabels _not_ written to disks, but also
mac68k kernel now understands them (thanks to Bill and Kelly).

I don't have a spare disk to experiment to confirm or disconfirm the
facts about the native disklabel, though...

ken