Subject: Re: MacBSD with SyQuest... it works!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Miyakawa Makoto <miyakawa@gol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1996 02:11:19
On my question 'MacBSD with SyQuest 270 removable', several members
advised me how to run MacBSD on it. I appreciate you, who did for me.

One of the advices, that was shown by Thomas Bjorn Andersen, conducted
me to try his kernel. It has been installed and worked with distribution
11 on SyQuest!  As for I have tried several kernel, it seemed only the
one to execute even basic command with SyQuest on my environment. Though
I have not try its function around yet, and he told me it had serial
port problem, it was fine for my use now. I hope it will be fixed near
future.

My environment has SyQuest 270MB removable connected SE/30 20/100 with
his kernel and distribution 11. I have taken no special procedure to
install.

BTW, some of this list mentioned the effect of editing /etc/disktab file.
I have tried to edit it and run it with kernel11, but couldn't. If I edit
/etc/disktab correctly, does it make work with kernel11? I can't edit
/etc/disktab, so have to find other kernel? Or, don't I need to think
about /etc/disktab? His kernel works on without editing /etc/disktab.
That is why I confuse.

I have no word to express my thanks to staves who work for NetBSD
project, especially Thomas Bjorn Andersen.

Best regards,
/// makoto /// miyakawa@gol.com