Subject: IIci hangs while idle
To: netbsd.com <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A. Forest Godfrey <ag5c+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1996 21:45:55
    This question may have been answered earlier, but it was answered
before I had the problem and I can't find the original post :(
    Anyway, I have a IIci w/8 megs of RAM and a 120 meg hard drive (soon
to be a gig...) that I am trying to bring up as an AppleShare (via CAP
or NetAtalk) and a Web server.  Unfortunately, I have the following
problem:  Before I put in an Asante 3-Com Ethernet Card (supports
10-base-T and AUI), I had the machine runing for 7 days straight with no
problems.  Then, I put in the card and hooked up the machine to the Net.
 Now, it hangs once a day.  The first few times, I didn't think to hit
the debugger button and type "c".  However, I did today and at 5 in the
afternoon, the following two messages printed (the date/time is right,
actually!):
Mar  8 03:03:15 hydrogren /netbsd: Panic switch: PC is 0x7f734.
Mar  8 03:03:15 hydrogren /netbsd: ae0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

    I am running NetBSD 1.1A with the Generic #52 kernel.  Is there a
fix for this?  If I can be of any assistance with getting debugger
traces, etc for this, let me know!
    Oh, here is the description of the ae0 interface from the boot logs:
Mar  7 13:58:27 hydrogren /netbsd: ae0 at nubus0: address
00:00:94:61:19:1a, type MacCon Ethernet, 32k mem.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

                                                                -- Forest
|  Forest Godfrey                           ag5c+@andrew.cmu.edu|
|  Penguins in '96!                       fgodfrey@nyx.cs.du.edu|
|  Go Badgers!               Internet: Use it.  Don't abuse it! |
|  Vote Democrat!     Your share of the national debt>$17,000   |
|         Save the planet!  We don't have a backup copy         |