Subject: Re: LCII booting !!
To: None <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
From: Brian Wimberly <brianw@scripps.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1996 09:30:29
Hi Markus,

I read your announcement with interest. I wondered if you might have fixed
some things that were preventing MacBSD from booting multiuser on my
PB170 _without the serial console_. So I downloaded your kernel and
tried it. In fact, if I use ttye0 (instead of tty00, like I do when booting
with the serial console) then I do get a login: prompt with the multiuser
boot, though since the keyboard isn't working I can't login. I was never able
to get this far with the ADBTEST110 kernel or a few others I've tried.

I don't know if this info might be useful to those of you working or kernels
or not but I thought I'd throw it out.

Brian