Subject: Removable media HOWTO?
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1996 12:59:05
So, would anyone like to gain the adoration of millions of screaming
fans and write one?  I'm busy updating the FAQ at the moment, and
noticing that removable media is a frequently occurring topic on the
mailing list.  Unfortunately, there have been many questions posted, but
far fewer definitive answers.  I would be grateful if someone who has
working removable media and some time to write up some kind of HOWTO on
it.  I'll be happy to do the formatting if someone will just do the
text.  Here's what I'm looking for:

1) Should cover the Iomega Zip, Syquest EZ135, Syquest 270 removable
media drives (if at all possible).
2) Need to mention how to Mkfs the drives
3) Any recommended kernels, and any caveats, advice, etc. about the
status of removable media under -current kernels.
4) Any other relevant/pertinent information you can think of ;-)

If someone is willing to do this, I would suggest combing the last 6
months (yeah, I know, a long time) of the mailing list for possible
questions that have been asked and somewhat answered.  Also, I believe
that the Linux Documentation Project has some kind of Syquest HOWTO on
its page.  This might also be a good starting point.

So, any takers?