Subject: Re: Help NSF and cdrom
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@eng.umd.edu>
From: Jon Howell <jonh@cs.dartmouth.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1996 13:08:16
> Ok I'll byte, what makes the it correct.  I mean the real essence of my
> message was: NFS aint crossing mount points, how do I NFS export a cd?  I
> have tried everything that I can think of.

Now you just hold on one minute. I never claimed to know HOW... :v) But on
OSF/1, simply listing the mount point of the cdfs (/cdrom) was sufficient
to export that filesystem, as opposed to the null directory in the parent
filesystem. It may be that mountd is running before the CD is mountd, and
so it thinks it should export the null directory. Try killing mountd and
restarting it (or kill -HUP it, if you trust it :v) after the CD is mountd,
and maybe it will start handing out filehandles for the cdrom fs instead
of the disk dir. BTW, be sure to umount the fs before and remount it after
on the client machine, so it's not just using the old filehandles to the
null dir on the root fs.

                            Jon Howell
                 jonh@cs.dartmouth.edu
     603-643-2460 (h) 603-646-3297 (w)