Subject: Re: HOWTOs and more exposure for MacBSD
To: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1996 09:20:57
On Mar 7,  8:07pm, Adam Forsyth wrote:
>> I only managed to look through 410 of them before the list expired (slow
>> link), but I didn't see my page there.  Lycos, on the other hand, did have
>> several references to my page.
>
>Try http://www.submit-it.com
>
>It has a form that you fill out information about your page on.  Then it
>allows you to submit your page to various search engines.  Some I haven't
>ever heard of too.

Yes, I did that.  However, despite the fact that PlayerPRO and NetBSD
dominate my page, Yahoo judged it to be a "personal page" and relegated
me to the "entertainment/people" section.  I haven't checked to see if
it actually got added there...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!
		-- Ken Thompson