Subject: Re: Serial Port Architectures (was: serial console on printer port)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Josh Moyer <jmoyer@genesis.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1996 15:35:19
>...just what you can hook up to it AFAIK.
>
>The most-recent MacWorld describes the serial ports in a side-bar. I
>got the impression from skimming it that every machine which could
>easily support NetBSD ('030 or '040 or II+PMMU) had GPi working, though
>putting something in machdep.c about which ones exactly have what
>would be good.

There is an articly in the TIL about it.  Searching for "GPi Serial Port
Differences" should probably find it for you.

BTW, what on earth does AFAIK mean?!  I've been watching this list for
about three months now and I *still* haven't been able to figure it out!
:-)

  SMTP/MIME:  jmoyer@genesis.tiac.net  |   Show your dogcow that you love it;
    http://genesis.tiac.net/jmoyer/    |     give it a can of Mountain Dew.