Subject: Re: Hello, thanks, and some comments
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Steve Weiss <srw@hvcn.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1996 02:09:20
At 6:11 PM 3/6/96, Allen Briggs wrote:

>I'd also like to see someone step forward
>to whip the www pages into shape.  They are waaaay out of date and I've
>not got the talent or time to fix that as it should be fixed...

I, too, was appalled at the state of the web pages for the Mac 68k Port on
the www.netbsd.org site. There is no formal 1.1 page for Mac68k, only a
formal 1.0 pages, and most of the links on that page have gone stale.

So as a first step I have produced a page that is intended to be placed on
the netbsd.org server as
http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/formal-1.1/mac68k.html

You may all feel free to view it at
http://www.izzy.net/~srw/Releases/formal-1.1/mac68k.html

It contains pointers to Colin Wood's notes, as stored on Puma, as they are
the best collection of information about MacBSD that I know of. I removed
all the stale information and stale links and updated what I knew, mostly
from the 1.1 release notes.

It is intended to be the official page for 1.1, not for the current.

Please send corrections, comments, suggestions, etc. to me.
Obce this has been accepted by the experts, I would hope it could be placed
on the www.netbsd.org server and pointed to in the appropriate pages.

-----

I have made no attempt to improve the current info page at:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/curr_info.html

I could possibly be talked into that as well, however,

At 8:16 PM 3/6/96, "The Great Mr. Kurtz " <davagatw@mars.ut wrote:
>In that case...  I'd be willing to put stuff together if people could send in
>URL's.

I think it would be cool if someone wanted to update that page. More than
any other, that one needs regular maintenance to be kept current.

Here are some URL's that could be useful that I know of

http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/
http://www.microserve.com/~jpw/adb.html
http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/
http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/macbsd-docs/index.html

-srw
 Steven R. Weiss   |    srw@hvcn.org      | If you think education is
Computer Scientist | (313) 995-8250 x5632 |  expensive, try ignorance.