Subject: Re: Hello, thanks, and some comments
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1996 20:16:12
On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Julian Bean wrote:

> Actually, you're right.  Although part of the problem is not so much lack
> of documentation as lack of organisation - there's a lot out there, but it
> is scattered over several web sites....

In that case...  I'd be willing to put stuff together if people could send in
URL's.

  Pros: Plenty of disk capacity (CC has 4 gigs, no quota)
        I'm on spring break next week, opening up a lot of time.
        Already finished almost all of my current projects (or at least
           have gotten them "release quality", as nothing's ever really
           finished in programming....
        Willing to maintain stuff.  Just note when something new
           changes something.
  Cons: Will have to change sites when I graduate in three years or so.
  Lighter side: easy to just download the whole hierarchy.

If there's a project underway to do this, say so.  Otherwise, please...
anybody who has URL's for any lit other than the obvious stuff on puma to
dig through, submit them to the list.  There's enough stuff to warrant a
search system of some sort, once it's all in one place, I think.  Sounds
like a custom job since I doubt I have sufficient priviledges to install
glimpse.  No prob.  Just grepping each file from a list and returning a
URL.  That's a few days worth of programming, probably, but not too bad.

For an example of another custom search engine I put together, drop into
my french pages (http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw/french).  Hope you like
Baudelaire.

Hope I can help,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |